Friday, February 25, 2011

Reebonz Spring Clean Blogger Contest

Since I've been complaining about how boring my life is, my best chat pal, Nadya, suggested me to occupy my time with Reebonz Spring Clean Blogger Contest. I have plenty of time to spend, I say why not give it a try. I've got nothing to lose anyway but still, I'm putting 200% of effort for this contest cos I really want to win the bag so badly >_<. Being a modern housewife like me and Nadya, we have plenty of time. You can check out her blog to see how her spring looks are like :)


Anyway, I dont need to be explaining about what the contest is about since its all written as above. Although I may not be the best to be writing about fashion, I shall give this a try :D. Living in a sunny sunshine country like Malaysia, spring, summer, winter and autumn means nothing because to me; its summer all year long. But may I say, spring is my favorite season, and plus, its the only season i can survive since winter is too cold and summer is too hot.

Spring to me means colors, flowers and perfect weather. However, my attempt to look good in foreign weather always seem to be a flop because the weather is simply too cold for me!


Like this one, autumn jacket with really bright skinny jeans plus a purple leather bag is a total flop. Never attempt to try this look unless you are really desperate. I actually have the perfect top to match the red skinny jeans but it was freaking cold I had to put on the jacket. by the way this pic was taken somewhere in april last year in florence. it was supposed to be the perfect spring weather at that time but it was still so cold >_<. The worst part about the whole trip was I totally have not a single winter clothes and everything i brought were meant for perfect spring weather. They told me it was the longest winter in 30 years T_T Funny why it always have to happen t me cos I went to Melbourne in November last year and it was supposed to be summer so I brought all my summer clothes and it when I got there it was still spring >_< thank god Amyra looks good in any season =D

Nadya told me the looks i put on previously is perfect for spring fashion, which i thought so too. The boots and that shirred dress goes well with the vintage bag but I'll wear it better once I've won the marc jacob's bag :D You can check out the looks i tried to put with the same dress here.


So, yeah. My idea of a perfect summer would be a lot of colors, flowers and perfect weather. Which is why these 3 looks that I created are perfect to carry such a lovely bag. (PS you'd have to click on the pics for better bigger view)


Look 1: Spring Dance
I think this look goes really well with the bag because I love the fact that floral prints dresses are so much fun to begin with. I also love the idea that you can mix and match your looks with the colors that you have on the dress. The big elaborated beaded necklace fills your bare chest and i think it matches the bag perfectly. Make up should be minimal and sweet but needs to be defined with the gel eyeliner. It's perfect for a date night :D


Look 2: Glamour Rock
Don't limit your imagination just because your bag is blue! You can pull a Rockin' look by wearing the bag with blue skinny jeans and a tank top with broad neck striped shirt together. The wedges boots and the trilby hat gives you the extra hype to your look. Some bright orange to the look also create more attention to yourself.


Look 3: Rusty Romance
I always love the idea of wearing a flower in your hair. It's fun to wear the season. Always remember that primary colors usually give you more than the extra attention youll be getting. The bag looks extra gorgeous along with the yellow tube dress. Cover it up with a faded worn out vest on top of the dress to make it the look a little funkier. Dont forget to unbutton it, of course. Then match these together with long heavy necklace. And dont leave the house without that bright red lipstick!


Also, here are some other style that you can wear with your bag. The bag is so awesome that you can wear it any way you want and it can never go wrong. I LOVE THE BAG!!

I know that a lot of gals will be checking out my blog (since Ive been checking out lotsa blogs linked to reebonz as well) Here are some tips that i can share with you girls on how to organize your handbag. Big bag usually means bigger stuff and more stuff to chuck into it >_<
1. According to American Chiropractic Association, the ideal weight to carry a bag is only 1.5kg. So, what you need to do is you need unload things you dont need in your bag and keep it light. Also, always carry your bag on each shoulder alternately. The thing about unloading stuff is keep it simple and only carry important stuff. The easiest way is to keep your coins in your piggy bank.
2. Another trick is to use a purse organizer. Make sure that each compartment in your bag is used wisely. That way, you can find your stuff easily. Also, you should have a small make up bag to put all your make up essentials like lip gloss, powder and etc so that they are easy to find.
3. Never carry things that you dont need and dont use that often. You dont have to bring all shades of lipstick. or a first-aid kit. or a nail clipper. or your baby's diaper. they belong in a diaper bag.
4. Attach your keys to your bag strap. it helps a lot, seriously. most people spend a lot of time looking for their keys in their handbag. bummer.
5. Put your hand phone and wallet in the compartment that you think is easy for you to reach like on the outer side of the bag or in the middle section of the bag.

I hope you girls enjoy reading this entry as much as I had so much fun doing it. And I hope so badly to win >_<

2 comments: