Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beauty Nails

I'd like to share with you girls the beauty of being a cheapskate. You do everything yourself and with cheap stuff.

I dont like to spend on pedicure & manicure mostly because I dont really color my nails, I can do pedimani myself and sometimes I do it better than the manicurists themselves. But i do sometimes pamper myself once in a while.

So here's the thing. OPI is way, way, waaaaay too expensive for someone who doesnt really have her nails colored. Elianto is more likely to be the best option. Sometimes when there are promotions, you can get a nail polish for RM1 only. I mean, what more can I say? Its so cheap sometimes you can just use it once or twice and throw it away cos its a bit too thick to be used.

Anyway, I have a dozens of Elianto nail polish but I decided to go with neon funky colors for my nails. I was actually inspired by this. I couldnt really find the colors she used so I used Cutie Pink, Aqua and Yellow instead. BTW her name is Lee yeo Hee and shes so super talented.

I started off by coloring each nails withe the 3 colors. Pardon the palm, cos I did some henna on it and now that its actually faded it looks so weird. Anyway, I put on 2 layers of the color without the base coat cos I was too lazy for that. Since Elianto nail polishes are too cheap, I notice that these colors are basically inconsistent in terms of the thickness of the colors. I found that these neon colors are a bit chalky, in a way that when I apply the colors on my nail, they tend to be really thin and it usually creates lines every time I put them on. It doesnt happen to some other colors but its not that bad. Leave the nails to dry.

Next, take a toothpick and I opt to go for the White to add some 'designs' on my nails. The process is pretty much simple and fun. It's very doable!

Dip the toothpick into the white nail polish and make sure that it forms a tear drop at the top of the toothpick. What you need to do is just touch each of your nails with the tip of the toothpick and create a 'pearl' like dots. Depending on the pressure, thickness and the amount of the nail polish on the toothpick, create something that you favor.

So here what it looks like when its all done. I really love the 'pearl' like effect. When its dry, you can feel the texture that it actually formed. Try not to put on a big lump on your nail cos when it actually dried up, it will create a hallow and it wont look like a pearl.

It's really fun to play with the colors. If you are the kind of person who loves to do things yourself, why not try this? You can also use a lot of other colors and you can play with layers. and if you are confident enough you can actually make a lot of other designs by using the toothpick. imagine its a paint brush, you can actually draw a flower with it. Put other colors on top of the dried up designs so it will create the 3D effect to it.

It's so easy it doesnt need a talent to do it.

Cubalah!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog! I have a friend who tells me I should try for Project Runway, and it makes me laugh. I don't think I could handle that pressure where my skills are at right now :)

    Your nails look so pretty! I love the pretty pastel colors and the dainty designs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the tips. i tried it yesterday and it looks awesome. :P

    ReplyDelete