Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding bits

I've been married for almost 6 years now. Still, many people tend to think I made that up, I dont. in a few months, we will be married for 6 years and going stronger.


Anyway, I got married in my early 20s. I was 23 going to be 24. I had Amyra when I was 24, 2 months before my 25th birthday. In some part of the world, or some part of Malaysia in fact, being married at only 23 is considered "young"


I didnt quite have the wedding I wanted for, cos my parents wanted to have it their way, since they were the ones paying. So i didnt really care about how it turned out cos to me at that time, I just couldnt care less about spending my $ on someone else to come and eat. hahaha. I know. What I was more concerned about was how my future goint to turn out like since well be spending a lot of money on the wedding and trying to start a new life. I had to admit, yes, we did get married quite early, and ive had myself being judge through my lowest times (when amyra was sick, some people just like to rub it to me saying i got married too young so i cant handle tough times, bummer right?) but somehow, we felt like everything have just fall into its own places one by one and we are happiest at the moment. I am thankful for that.


So here's the thing. Whenever i go to weddings, I envy them for having such a wonderful wedding ceremony. Of course I am happy for them but I wanted the same for my wedding as well. Last year, on our 5th anniversary, I wanted to do a grand celebration but when I really thought about it, I felt like its better to spend the money on something else rather than a celebration. I figured it was just more than what I needed when the fact is, I never really needed a big celebration at all. All i need is a happy life.

Tho i still think i need to have my long overdue outdoor session with my husband. he owe me that.


Last weekend my brother in law got married. So I spent sometime doing his wedding video clip which spent less than a day to do it. Of course, being me, I start with a lot of researches. I notice that people loves to use Maher Zain's song; Barakallah for their wedding vid so I searched for some other song. I found Amir Awan's Barakallah (wedding song) which was as nice as Maher Zain's and here is wat it looks like.





And here is my wedding vid, courtesy of Aidira and Ariff :)




I'm quite proud of myself cos I did it only in a day and I had NO training on doing the video. I've always hated editing >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment