Friday, April 24, 2015

Travelling Europe Part 1

So, everyone was asking me about my Eurotrip I did last month. Work has been keeping me busy so I didn't really have the time to update anything. I know it has been a while.

It was a 16 days trip, business and personal. I had to attent a congress on the 2nd to 5th of March and the rest of the days are jalan-jalan. There were 6 of us on the way over but I came back alone. I'd have to say that travelling alone is the way to move around. It was such a wonderful and stressful experience at the same time. I went from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona with a stop over in Amsertdam. I wish I could have stayed longer in Amsterdam cos I didn't get the chance to see the city, but I was glad I had the experience tho.

Travelling with a group of friends/colleagues is not the same as travelling alone. When there are 6 of us, it means, 6 different taste, perangai, pattern, likes, dislikes, preference and blablabla. So basically, you need to respect and tolerate one and another. it applies the same in your everyday life, no different. I don't drink and eat strictly halal food. My friend doesn't eat beef. We managed to find a way to compromise and we had a great time.


7 days abroad costs a lot of money. We packed our own food like brahims, ikan bilis, sambal and tonnes of instant noodles. It saved us so much cos a meal in Barcelona is between 8 to 20 euros. That is about 32 to 80 Ringgit. Crazy! Our routine for that week was to prepare ourselves with breakfast and came home to dinner which we had to cook. Not really a big deal cos we just had to reheat whatever that we brought from home. But during the conference, God knows, how tiring it was cos the conference hall was huge. I was quite surprised the average distance we walked in a day is 25km - tracked it on Google Fit. I came home thinking I must have lose some kgs, but I didn't. such a bummer.

The whole city was filled with human beings. I was told that is not the case on normal days. It's due to the congress that everyone was over populating Barcelona. The hotels rate were insane - let's not go there. We managed our accomodation on Airbnb and costs and was awesomely reasonable. Everything in the First week was manageble and I had a super awesome time. Something that I had never imagined I would be able to experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment